In our constant endeavour to provide a conducive environment to our students, Smart Wonders is introducing the “THOTS PROGRAMME”, which enables the child to break the unconscious patterns to become more and more conscious of all thoughts and actions.
What is THOTS?
THOTS is a unique in school program for developing and nurturing Higher Order Thinking skills in the Primary and Middle Years. Revolving around hands-on experiences using innovative physical thinking tools, this program has been scientifically designed with the purpose of making child more confident, successful and responsible.
A structured experiential process, THOTS focuses on developing four fundamentals of thinking- Skills, Concepts, Processes and Models.
How does THOTS work?
THOTS has a unique 5 stage methodology and delivery process which enables development of new thinking skills by strengthening the innate thinking abilities. THOTS program delivered inside the classroom by a THOTS trained facilitator in the school premises once a week promises to create a mind shift through:
- Hands on exposure to over 17 unique Thinking Development Tools
- Learning through concrete experiences
- Age appropriate subject independent and progressive thinking curriculum
- Structured deliverables spanning from UKG to Grade 8
- Internalization led by Engaging Facilitators
How do the students
benefit from THOTS?
Implementation of THOTS program in a class of about 30 students for a period of one academic session has yielded positive changes in the following spheres:
- Statistically significant improvement in academic and scholastic performance
- Enhances self-thinking process- Critical, Lateral and Creative
- Enables application of learning to real life situations
- Improves focus, confidence and inquisitiveness
How will THOTS be implemented in the school?
The THOTS organization has appointed one facilitator who will be in school 3 days every week and take a 45 minutes class with the students of different classes based on a pre-decided Time table.
The implementation of the program will include workshops for the teachers and parents from time to time